Popular Posts

Thursday, April 25, 2013

My New and Improved Morning Routine

Just an update on my earlier post:  After dealing with a teething 6 month old, our pit bull breaking his second collar this week, and a visit from our HANDS worker(I forgot about), I spent most of the day on youtube and various sites looking at schedules, routines, and to-do lists of other SAHMs.  I also removed my daily, weekly, monthly, and other cleaning/schedules from my binder.  I come to you now from under a stack of papers!  But I am reworking what I want or have time to do on certian days of the week, month, etc.  I have what i think is a decent MORNING ROUTINE for my family.  I hope so after spending one day almost only on making this list!  Needless to say looks like a bomb exploded on Prater headquarters.  LOL! 
  But before I begin a mad Pick up and Put away (also have to put my dog back up, I hear him at the back door again!), I wanted to show you what I have come up with .  I may need to add or take something off but will begin trying it out in the morning.

Here it is in rough form:
  • Rise and Shine! - Get up at 5:00 a.m.
  • Brush my teeth/Wash my face wake up
  • Brush my hair
  • My Morning Prayers  (I have 3)
  • Bible Study (goodmorninggirls.com)
  • Put Hubby's clothes in the dryer
  • Listen to Music ( normally country on cmt)
  • Write a list of 7-10 things to-do today
  • Write a list of chores for children (just my daughter for now)
  • Start my food tracker
  • Check calender for appointmenst or activities
  • Make cappacuino
  • Start breakfast by 6:30 a.m.
  • Wake Hubby up for work by 6:45 a.m. (this usually takes till 7:00)
  • Clean and Pack Hubby's dinner bucket
  • Write a Lunch box love note and put in
  • Refill the Ice Trays
  • Clear off/Wipe Kitchen counter
  • Give a 2 minute warning to the children to wake up
  • Wake children up/pajamas away by 7:10a.m. 
  • Start Hubby's work truck and take out his bucket
  • Feed Jax (previous mentioned dog)
  • Eat Breakfast - Give baby bottle by 7:30 a.m.
  • Drink orange juice
  • Take vitimans and medications
  • Hubby leave for work 8:00 a.m
  • Children brush teeth/wash face to wake up( mine is listed twice for each child)
  • Children floss and mouthwash (only daughter right now)
  • Wipe Children off(listed twice)
  • Brush Children's hair (also twice)
  • Change baby's diaper
  • Free Play time together
  • Body Electric (exercise)
  • Put on my tummy belt/wrap from Gold's Gym (Wal-mart)
  • Drink water(listed for each of us)
  • Make and Febreeze Beds (each name listed for their beds)
  • Shower
  • Shave
  • Wash and condition my hair  (M,W, F)
  • Dry off
  • Moisturize face, hand, body, and feet
  • Deoderant, Perfume, Body Spray, FDS spray, Baby Powders, and Vasoline
  • Get dressed to lace up shoes, including hair/face, brush teeth
  • Look at posted reminders in Bathroom
  • Swish and Swipe
  • Empty the dishdrainer (not blessed with a dishwasher, so sad)
  • Clean Master Bedroom (PUPA)
  • Start a load of Laundry (a Load a day keeps CHAOS away)
  • Check my control journal/home management binder
  • Play with kids (sing songs)
  • Eat something if haven't already (Brunch usually for all) - Baby a snack byt 10:00 a.m.
This is just a rough draft with some added explinations for anyone who reads this.  I hope it is helpful in making someone elses morning go easier.  My daughter starts preschool this August so I am working on getting her in bed and up earlier.  Then I will have to add her lunch and driving her to school. But if I can get in the habit of sticking with this it should be easy to tweak a few times. 

Next I hope to have an AFTER BREAKFAST ROUTINE ,  It may be tomorrow because I deffinatly hav to think about supper and picking up no daily cleaning tasks today.  I hope to have that list and my flylady zones in place by Monday.  I will also share all my schedules/routines as I go. 

If you have any tasks or chores you do not see on mine please list them below...I would love to know what you think of my Morning Routine.  I would also be interested in seeing how you start your day.  You could inspire me to go a total different way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment